Own The Streets
Born on the racetrack and raised on the street, the 2016 GSX-S1000 is derived from the legendary, championship-winning GSX-R1000. The new GSX-S lineup carries the spirit of the Suzuki GSX-R to the street, with shared technology and performance packaged into a chassis designed specifically for street riding comfort.
- Iridium spark plugs heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type.
- New cam profiles designed to optimize the valve timing suitable for the streets, but with the racetrack in mind.
- Radiator shrouds efficiently guide air to the newly designed and highly efficient round shaped radiator. Lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- New pistons were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to stronger low-to-mid range output with exciting exhaust notes and adrenaline-rushing performance.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injectors are 10-hole, long-nosed injectors on each throttle body for better combustion and reducing fuel consumption.
|Engine||4-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||43mm KYB inverted fork, fully adjustable|
|Rear Suspension||Link type, with adjustable rebound and spring preload|
|Front Brakes||Brembo radial-mount monobloc calipers, dual 310mm discs|
|Rear Brakes||Nissin single piston caliper with ABS|
|Fuel Capacity||17 LITRES|
|Colours||Metallic Triton Blue / Glass Sparkle Black / Candy Daring Red / Metallic Mat Grey|
|Warranty||2 year unlimited kilometre|
|Seat Height||810 MM|
|Wet Weight||209 KG|